From: John Lyons (support_at_nsnoc.com)
Date: Fri 10 May 2002 - 12:30:22 BST

> Thank you very much for all of the details... so just so I'm clear,
> basically the only problem you had with ext3 was that you accidentally
> recompiled a kernel that didn't support it and so you lost
> support once you rebooted that machine?

Yes, Ext3 was running fine on the vserver machines until I buggered it up
:-)

> Have you used ext3 or ReiserFS specifically on machines with vserver
> patches applied to the kernel? Have the immutability and unification
> features worked for you even with the latest ctx10 2.4.18 patches?

I need to go an rebuild the RH installation on both vserver hosts we were
running ctx-8. A fresh start with Ext3 and ctx-10 is probably in order as I
don't think I can get back to ext3 from 2 without starting from scratch.

Regards

John Lyons
DomainCity
http://www.domaincity.co.uk