From: Fran Firman (fran_at_netgate.net.nz)
Date: Thu 09 May 2002 - 22:46:12 BST

Performance on our system seems fine.

Thou I do shift /tmp to the local harddrive.

for a time dd if=/dev/zero of=blah bs=1k count=100k

(create a 100 MByte file takes)

On the nfs array = 21.66s

On the local HD = 15.4s

The server talks to a switch via 100M which talks to a Firwall via 100M
which talks to the nfs array via Gig E.

The array has 8x18Gb Ultra Wide Scsi disks.

F.

On Thu, 2002-05-09 at 19:25, Jon Bendtsen wrote:
> "Roderick A. Anderson" wrote:
> >
> > On 8 May 2002, Fran Firman wrote:
> >
> > > I have a fairly good method of getting vservers running on a deb system,
> > > over nfs with a deb system in side the system.
> > >
> > > Over the nfs allows me to move vservers from server to server, esp if
> > > the server it self has a problem.
> >
> > Sounds good. Would you be willing to share it - with credit where due?
> > I'm a Redhat user but this should help any and all.
> >
> > I'd like to add that I want to do it cook book verses HOWTO. Not a lot of
> > side-theory just step by step with specific distribution(s) and generic
> > setups.
>
> Please include some performance numbers, i'm not sure running over NFS
> is
> fast.
>

> JonB

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:40 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3