From: Matthew Hill (matthew_at_liquidweb.com)
Date: Tue 09 Apr 2002 - 11:17:02 BST

Daniel,

Thank you for the suggestion, as LVM would be an excellent
system for controlling total vserver disk consumption.

However the largest concern remaining, on which I was
admittedly unclear, is that I'm trying to implement
per-user quotas in a system where users are perpetually
created and destroyed by web-based admin tools given
to the owner of the vserver.

Any suggestions? I would think it rather tedious from
an administrative standpoint to attempt to use LVM
per /home/user directories, whereas the best hack attempts

I could envision using the current vserver setup would
set quotas spanning all vservers and create overlap in chosen
user names and disk consumption (lacking virtualized quotas,
which I realize to be no small task). I had noticed one
other post to this list requesting quotas support on the
/dev/hdv a few weeks back.

Sincerely,

Matthew Hill

d m wrote:

>hi,
>
>>Not so much in setting quotas for each vserver's total usage as there
>>are other
>>solutions for this, but rather quotas internal to each vserver's discrete
>>userland.
>>

>why don't you use some LVM ? It would be more work for internal vservers
>userland (splitting up the external LVM again), but possible...
>
>regards,
>daniel

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:40 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3