From: Jon Bendtsen (jon+vserver_at_silicide.dk)
Date: Wed 03 Apr 2002 - 10:15:02 BST

Cédric Veilleux wrote:

> All I know is that there is currently no support for multi-IP currently.
> Someone did write a patch that allows the chbind command to bind a range of
> IP's to a vserver instead of a single ip, but it is no longer maintained as
> it never made it in the latest releases...

I'm not completely sure this is what the original question was about.
It might be multiple IP's for the same vserver, or different IP's
for the range of vservers.

> It seems like there is not much interest for such feature and I really don't
> understand why. I read the whole archive and found very few posts about it.

Because one can easily circumvent it.
Just make more vservers ;-0
Besides, how many IP's are really needed. one has 65k ports to choose
from.

I've got vservers running on 3 different "net devices". I've tried
eth0 and eth1, with different ips. I have one running on lo, for mysql,
so
only the webserver can access it. Granted, every other vserver can
access it
too, since i just bound it to 127.0.0.1

I have yet to bind it to cipcb0, or CIPE's net device.

JonB

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:40 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3