From: Cedric Veilleux (cveilleux_at_videotron.ca)
Date: Sun 24 Mar 2002 - 18:55:19 GMT

Hi,

        I have read the whole mailing list archive and did not find much about this
subject, although I am sure it has been discussed a lot.

        I have found in the vserver and s_context intro:

<<
Using port redirection to allow one virtual server to logically bind several
IPs. One virtual server could run several web virtual host this way.

        How can this be implemented. Port redirection?

        A guy named Christian actually made some patches to allow the chbind utility
to use a range of ip's instead of just one, which is an excellent approach:

<<
Acually i stoped to maintain the patches, the one above have a small bug
(don't unbind ports in a vserver) it was more meant as an example for
discussion and inclusion in the main vserver patch. The Idea was to
provide tow ip/mask pairs to chbind, so it becomes possible to bind to 2
ip-ranges (the first IP is the default) and masking out which bits in an
IP are immutable. Later the vserver-user should be able to constrain the
range to a subset of his available IP's. The usage is straightforward
(look in chbind.c) chbind got a few more options
(--ip1/--mask1/--net2/--mask2) thats all. This days i have no time to work
on it(i got married today :) ). In January i will fix the bugs and sync it
with te actual vserver release. But i still would like to see it included
in the main trunk if there is intrest of it, since i dont want to maintain
a 50 lines patch in parallel.

Thank you,

Cedric

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:40 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3