From: raanders_at_acm.org
Date: Sat 23 Mar 2002 - 00:07:11 GMT

I believe there were other messages reference this kernel locking up. It
happened to me some time after 5 PM yesterday. The system had been up
about 1.5 hours. No further messages after then.
   Took my mail out so I may have missed further messages on this topic.

I just started logging kernel messages to a file and I have a cron job
running every minute to figure out a closer time when/if it freezes. IS
there anything else I could/should be running to log the system status?

I have backed off to 2.4.17ctx-7 since I have to drive 30+ miles to get to
this machine. (I really need to get a test machine a bit closer.) As
soon as I get upto date on what has happened today I probably try a later
kernel.

Thanks for reading my ramblings.

Rod

--
                 Without geometry what's the point in life.