From: John Lyons (support_at_nsnoc.com)
Date: Fri 08 Mar 2002 - 19:27:13 GMT

  What does v_sshd and v_httpd and v_xinetd do exactly?
  These services is also listed in my virtual servers that i setup. Do I
have to enable say v_sshd in my virtual servers in order to use sshd
properly?

  They shouldn't be installed in your virtual servers. Check that you've not
got the vserver rpms installed within your reference server (assuming the
ref server is a vs and not your host)

  The v_ scripts are used to start services on the parent host server and
bind them to the host servers IP address automatically otherwise they start
up and listen on all IP's thereby breaking those services on the vs's

  Regards

  John Lyons
  DomainCity
  http://www.domaincity.co.uk