From: Chris Wright (chris_at_wirex.com)
Date: Tue 05 Mar 2002 - 18:51:42 GMT

* Martin Josefsson (gandalf_at_wlug.westbo.se) wrote:
> On 5 Mar 2002, klavs klavsen wrote:
>
> [snip]
> > I hope so too.. Until then it seems I have to repartition my disk (which
> > for now has one big / and only a /var seperate partition - 3gb disk
> > only), or have duplicates and check for with diff once in a while..
> >
> > I found this link (with some pointing from friends):
> > http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&selm=linux.kernel.Pine.LNX.4.33L.0110291504380.22127-100000%40duckman.distro.conectiva
> >
> > it dates 29. oct 2001. according to it, something called a namespace
> > patch has to be integrated more into the kernel.
> >
> > Do you know if this has been done?
>
> Don't really know as I havn't seen the namespace patch but I have had to
> modify namespace.c a lot in order to have per mount ro/rw settings, the
> problem I have now is that permissions is decided by only looking at the
> inode and not which vfsmount the request was made to... that part has to
> change, and my patch is extremely ugly right now...

The namespace changes are in 2.5, and the permission() changes (to pass
essentially dentry/vfsmount pair instead of just inode) is pending for
2.5. I'm not sure how much of this will make it back into 2.4 mainline,
but a backport is always possible ;-)

cheers,
-chris

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:39 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3