From: Paul Kreiner (deacon_at_thedeacon.org)
Date: Fri 01 Mar 2002 - 04:05:18 GMT

Paul Kreiner said:
> Mihai RUSU said:
[snip]
>> Wow, you are fast. I said that a little bit in a hurry. The fact is
>> that I have to wait for a hardware aquisition before using an vserver
>> XFS enabled version. Did you also patched the immuatable unlink
>> feature in XFS?
>>

> I haven't tried moving the immutable-link stuff into XFS just yet...
> although I took a first look at it yesterday. Probably over the next
> few days I might try it, if people are interested. I have no real need
> for the unlink stuff in my environment though, so it's not been a
> priority.

OK, so after some more digging, it would seem that XFS doesn't support the
IMMUTABLE flag, or really anything like it. Refer to:
http://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/mail_archive/0012/msg00073.html. The
source is a bit weird, quite unlike most the source of the other
filesystems I've seen in linux ... so vserver unification in XFS probably
isn't going to happen anytime soon. :-(

_Paul K.

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:39 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3