From: Martin Josefsson (gandalf_at_wlug.westbo.se)
Date: Wed 27 Feb 2002 - 19:29:46 GMT

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Wray Cason wrote:

[snip]
> Thank you very much. This was very helpful to me. I have a related
> question. Please confirm or refute that this is true:
>
> A vserver can never, under any circumstances be aware of networks and
> interfaces in the base computer other than the one it is bound to. As such,
> if all base interfaces are addressed with private unroutable addresses, and
> only the vserver has the public address, it is impossible to route all
> server traffic out through the public address.

hmm not entirely sure what you mean...
the base server has private addresses and only the vserver has a public
ip. that part I think I got but the "impossible to route all server
traffic out through the public address" part I don't really get, do you
mean all traffic from this vserver? from the base server? or everything
(base + all vservers)?

/Martin

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:39 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3