From: Jacques Gelinas (jack_at_solucorp.qc.ca)
Date: Sat 09 Feb 2002 - 03:19:58 GMT

On Fri, 8 Feb 2002 20:19:28 -0500, Vlad wrote

> I think the real problem here is that the project web page doesn't have
> enough pictures or blinking "NEW" buttons. Reading turns everyone off, and
> just like back in high school, its easier to just find someone that has
> read the book already that can summarize it than for you to actually put
> in some effort. Damn words, they are everywhere!

:-)

Well, the web site has a ton of "new" buttons (well they are not blinking). But
those buttons shows up based on what you have read so far in the document.
So for you, nothing is new because you have read the document. Once in
a while, new stuff appears for you when the document is enhanced.

The document stores a cookie in your browser and this cookie is used to
track the version of every page you have read in the document. This is
stored in a MySQL database. When you visit the document, it can tell
which page you have read and have been updated, and which page are
really new for you.

Btw, I have enhanced the presentation of the document with the table
of content on the side.

Anyway, this tracking was created to help people follow the evolution of the
project. Reading the whole thing over and over to grasp what is new id not
possible ...

I intend to document all my projects using this technology btw.