From: Jacques Gelinas (jack_at_solucorp.qc.ca)
Date: Thu 24 Jan 2002 - 03:11:21 GMT

On Wed, 23 Jan 2002 20:24:53 -0500, edward_at_paradigm4.com.au wrote

> Will this be an extra ( filtering) layer on top of existing proc
> like umsdos on top of msdos?

No. Funny you ask. I did umsdos. It will be an independant fs. It will be
done as a stripped down proc.

> Coming to think of it, there are some non-pid /proc entries that may be useful to
> have
> inside vserver, e.g. /proc/net/tcp, /proc/net/udp etc.., used by netstat.
> It would be cool to filter these and only show connections related to this vserver.

Yes this is one goal. Virtualisation of the resource. Today I was playing
in a vserver and was running uptime. Virtualisation of the loadavg would
be nice sometime.

> ifconfig is using ioctl not proc so it will reveal the network interface info
> which is not a big drama but would be nice to isolate that too.

Yes this is on my list