From: James Gibson (twistedhammer_at_subdimension.com)
Date: Mon 07 Jan 2002 - 12:18:09 GMT

go take a hard look at vunify. and go read the design docs for it
(the FAQ, etc..) if you have a vserver with 270 megs of 'stuff'
roughly 90%* of that will be binaries, man-pages and stuff like
that.. stuff that doesn't need to be changed or unique or writable..
with vunify you only have to have ONE copy of that stuff for the
whole 250 vservers, you simply make them immutable and make
hardlinks for each vserver.. this works because the vservers will
have the CAP_IMMUTABLE (or whatever it is..) capability
removed.. This now leaves you with a unique set of 27 megs of stuff
that needs to exists for each vserver.. which comes out a little over
7 gigs for the whole enchilada of 250 vservers (ignoring for
arguments sake the host environment..).

James Gibson

* a good guess... I could be off.. =)