From: norbert wegener (nw_at_sbs.de)
Date: Sun 30 Dec 2001 - 12:52:25 GMT

Hello,
further playing with vserver showed a problem with chbind.
My version of sshd listens on all ipadressen found on the network card.
This implies, that ssh'ing to the ip of a vserver ends up in a
connection with the main server.
One solution could be to change the configuration file of sshd. here an
excerpt of my suse /etc/ssh/sshd_config:
Port 22
Protocol 1,2
#ListenAddress 0.0.0.0
#ListenAddress ::
changing the ListenAddress to the ip of the main server, everything
works as desired.
This can only be a workaround.
A conceptual solution for this problem would be, to make visible only
ips from the same context.
On
http://www.solucorp.qc.ca/miscprj/s_context.hc?s1=6&s2=2&s3=4&s4=3&prjstate=1&nodoc=0
you ask,

Is this really a problem ?
I think within this context it is one.

Just another question: To start services in runlevel 5 I just tried:
vserver 01 enter
init 5
but I got : init: No such process
What would be the right way to solve that problem.

Thanks for an answer
Norbert

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:38 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3