From: Konstantin Starodubtsev (kostya_at_rbcmail.ru)
Date: Wed 05 Dec 2001 - 01:36:26 GMT

> The example below shows information about package, but not the file
> owned by that package. the dependancies are not important here. I want
> to know that apache has file /usr/sbin/httpd and so on. Also I want to
> know if /usr/sbin/httpd is a configuration file or not.

This is a list of config files for apache-perl package
$ cat /var/lib/dpkg/info/apache-perl.conffiles
/etc/init.d/apache-perl
/etc/cron.daily/apache-perl
/etc/apache-perl/cron.conf

This is a list of all files _without_ config files in apache-perl package
$ cat /var/lib/dpkg/info/apache-perl.list
/.
/etc
/etc/apache-perl
/etc/apache-perl/cron.conf
/etc/cron.daily
/etc/cron.daily/apache-perl
/etc/init.d
/etc/init.d/apache-perl
[..skipped..]
/usr/share/doc/apache-perl/TODO.Debian
/usr/share/doc/apache-perl/README.Debian
/usr/share/doc/apache-perl/copyright
/usr/share/doc/apache-perl/examples
/etc/apache-perl/mime.types

> Is there a --dump option in dpkg, showing all it knows about a package ?
Just say, what do you want to know about package? :)

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:38 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3