From: Christian (chth_at_gmx.net)
Date: Tue 04 Dec 2001 - 14:47:52 GMT

On Mon, 3 Dec 2001 23:44:17 -0500
Jacques Gelinas <jack_at_solucorp.qc.ca> wrote:

> On Mon, 3 Dec 2001 14:39:37 -0500, Lew Teck Kheng wrote
> > hi :
> >
> > I have been trying the vserver 0.7 and i have created several cluster
> > but when i logged into the one of the virtual server and try to start
> > some process using the /etc/inittab , its complaint
> > "init : no such process"
> >
> > Did miss something ?
>
> Yes. The init shown in the vserver is the real init. It is show for
cosmetic
> reason, mainly to please utility like pstree and friends (so they find
the
> common parent).
>
> vserver do not have a real init. The inittab is not used to start
services. The
> only ways to start service is using sysv init script and inetd/xinetd
network
> services.

why not provide a real init to the vserver? that would make rebooting more
sane (we dont need the reboot daemon), the vserver would be more
compatible/consistent.

how2: store an offset for all pid's of a security-context, so that the
vservers init becomes Pid 1 its decendants (and itself). (does this
require big kernel changes? i don't assume)

cya Christian

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:38 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3