From: Dicken, Peer (Peer.Dicken_at_imd-gruppe.de)
Date: Wed 21 Nov 2001 - 11:18:32 GMT

Hi,

I´ve tried vserver and think it´s a good piece of software. Before I´ve
played with freeVSD and user-mode-linux.

Well, I think it would be a perfect thing to have pre-defined skeletons for
users, like freeVSD does it.

Currently I´m killing the parts of the virtual server the client does not
need. The result will be a minimal suse 7.3 installation, which allows me to
install the needed software on-top. I will take this one as the base for all
vservers.

How many servers could be running on a standard-pc? ... assuming there´s not
too much load on the servers ... What´s your experience?

Can I enable quotas to restrict the space of the vserver?

Well the problem: I´ve created a vserver and wanted to delete it. Well, in
this case I could not. I created the server with vbuild from another one and
now I cannot delete /proc and /dev :-( from the directory of the old server.

Gruss / best regards,

Peer Dicken
peer.dicken_at_imd-gruppe.de
PGP Key a.A. / PGP key on request

Internet Beratung & Entwicklung
Informationstechnologie & Rechenzentrum

IMD GmbH - Softwareentwicklung & Unternehmensberatung
Edisonstrasse 1 Telefon: (0 23 83) 91 91 0
D 59199 Boenen Telefax: (0 23 83) 91 91 91
                        Info : info_at_imd-gruppe.de
                        Support: support_at_imd-gruppe.de
                        WWW : www.imd-gruppe.de

Bitte richten Sie Supportanfragen per eMail an:
support_at_imd-gruppe.de und geben Sie Ihre Kundennumer &
sofern vorhanden, eine Vertragsnummer oder Domain an.

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:38 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3