From: Sam Vilain (sam_at_vilain.net)
Date: Mon 29 Oct 2001 - 19:42:23 GMT

OK, I think I'm getting somewhere with this ... :)

I booted Debian today into a vserver, and apt-get upgrade works perfectly...

However, I seem to still have some issues. I'm using 2.4.12-ac6 with these patches:

http://www.surriel.com/patches/2.4/2.4.12-ac6-vserver
http://sam.vilain.net/immutable/linux-2.4.12-ac3-immutable-linkage.patch

Here are the issues I found so far:

   1. chcontext --hostname foo doesn't seem to work; the entire server seems to receive the change of host name.

   2. /dev/pts/* needs to have per-s_context security like /proc/[0-9]+ does currently

   3. `ping' doesn't work - what are the security implications of not limiting the appropriate CAP?

   4. load average, uptime not per s_context (this is cosmetic, I guess)

Other than that, things seem to be working as expected...

Sam.

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:38 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3